Heathland Hospitality Group understands the responsibility of protecting our planet for future generations.
- Our commitment includes:
- Using 100% recycled and compostable disposable products
- Minimizing waste, making homemade stocks, and composting all food scraps whenever possible
- Preparing and serving fresh, seasonal, locally grown foods to the greatest extent possible
- Promoting energy efficiency through the use of induction cooking equipment (gas has an energy efficiency of about 38%, electric about 71%, induction about 84%)
We are successful in building social awareness with consistent communications, education and feedback from all visitors and staff.
- We partner with the following organizations leading social and sustainable food efforts throughout the United States and around the world.
USDA's National Organic Program regulates the standards for any farm, wild crop harvesting, or handling operation that wants to sell an agricultural product as organically grown.
Rainforest Alliance works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Companies, cooperatives and landowners that participate in our programs meet rigorous standards that conserve biodiversity and provide sustainable livelihoods.
Fair Trade Certified
The Fair Trade Certified Label guarantees consumers that strict economic, social and environmental criteria were met in the production and trade of an agricultural product. Fair Trade Certification is currently available in the U.S. for coffee, tea, herbs, cocoa and chocolate, fresh fruit, flowers, sugar, rice, and vanilla.
United Natural Foods, Inc.
United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI) is the largest distributor of natural products in the U.S. UNFI's mission is to excel in the distribution of organic and natural foods, and wellness products. It does this by fulfilling the highest standards of quality, consistency, product assortment, dependability, value-added support services, and integrity in its business and professional relationships.
Food Alliance Certified
Food Alliance is a nonprofit organization that promotes sustainable agriculture by recognizing and rewarding farmers who produce food in an environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways, and educating consumers and others in the food system about the benefits of sustainable agriculture.
Seafood Watch is a program by the Monterey Bay Aquarium designed to raise awareness about the importance of buying seafood from sustainable sources. We recommend which seafood to buy or avoid, helping consumers to become advocates for environmentally friendly seafood.